Maggie and I made it back to Atlanta safely this afternoon around 4 pm. Thankfully, about a half an hour before tornado warnings started popping up all around Atlanta. I think it rained for about 30 seconds at my house.
Anyway, Andy and I had a great New Years Eve in Las Vegas. We joined several of his co-workers for dinner before getting ripped off by a cab driver taking us to Ceasars Palace for the Celine Dion A New Day concert. I mean, what cab driver doesn't have change with him on New Years Eve, really. As they say here in the south, I didn't fall off a turnip truck yesterday.
So, the concert/musical was phenomenal. Afterwards, we met back up with Andy's co-workers and made our way out to the Strip. The Strip had been closed down to traffic at about 6 pm so by the time we ventured outside at 11 pm it was the craziest thing I had ever seen. Now, keep in mind that I have never gone to Mardi Gras and after experiencing the Strip on New Years Eve, I won't. I digress. So, we squeezed our way through crowd of people doing everything imaginable and we were able to see the amazing fireworks show at midnight. The big thing about the fireworks on the Strip is that fireworks were simultaneously shot off the tops of 10 casinos on the Strip. It was something I will never forget.
We then proceeded to make the treck back to Andy's hotel. Now keep in mind that there were about 300,000 other party-goers also trying to get back to cars, hotels, etc... . It was an adventure. I was a sight. Picture this, me, in a dressyish outfit and tennis shoes with my shawl tied like a baby sling on me trying to keep up with the crowd and not get hit by a car. And for the record, no, I did not wear tennis shoes to the concert. I just had them conveniently in my purse.
Okay, so that was a longer story than I bet you wanted to read. So, anyway, I flew back to Jackson yesterday to pick up Maggie and head home today.
Here are some pictures.
-Katie

Maggie is excited about all her new toys.


Hello, Daddy!! I miss you.


Before getting to the crowded streets.


Not much more to say than it's just a big crowd.


Me, Dawn, Sean and Trina (Andy's co-workers)


Boom...

