Monday, January 30, 2006

Fond Farewell's

So, the big news first:

OUR HOUSE IS FINALLY SOLD!!!!!

I won't bore everyone with the details but the person who bought it agreed to our counter offer late last week and we signed the relocation papers today (relocation handles the offer and all details from this point onward). So, my last day of work will be Friday, February 17th and the movers will come on the 21st or 22nd. Maggie and I will be spending time with our families in Mississippi until our condo in Las Vegas is completed (hopefully, mid-March). Thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts about selling our house.

Andy was able to come home this weekend and spend some time with us girls. We had a farewell dinner with our supper club group and got to see the new additions to the group- baby Samuel and baby Chip. Our church also had a "send-off" in Sunday School and at the end of the church service. We are very thankful for everyone who had a part in making our weekend memorable.

Maggie spent most (if not all) of the weekend realizing that crawling can get her from point A to point B. I realized that I can no longer iron clothes while Maggie is awake and near me. She tried several times to either pull up on the ironing board or pull at the iron's cord. So, that is another activity that is being moved to nap times and bedtimes. She enjoyed spending lots of time with Daddy and played the piano with him. That is one thing I think she will always stop whatever she is doing to hear.

We are experiencing technical difficulties at home right now. Our internet is out (again) for about the 3rd week this month. It's a terribly long story but I am cancelling our internet service if we are still having problems tonight. So, that means that I will be posting to Maggie's website during my lunch hour at work. I will try my best to update at least once a week but we're just tired of paying for service that doesn't work and the provider doesn't seem to want to fix. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox.

Have a good week.

Katie


Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie