Sunday, June 11, 2006

Swimming and Other Fun Stuff

Hopefully, you will begin to hear from me on a regular basis. We have overcome all of our technology battles: broken computer monitor, no internet, broken camera... .

We purchased a new digital camera over the weekend and we are learning how to use it and we are, so far, very impressed. We purchased a Canon PowerShot A530 if anyone is in the market for a digital camera. Anyway...

We took Maggie to the neighborhood pool yesterday afternoon (we have tried this two times previously but the water was just too cold for Maggie's temperament). The third time was a charm. Maggie was a little unsure at first but by the end of the pool time, she was having a blast.

After a good nap, we then ventured to a park a few miles away. Of course, I forgot the camera. But Maggie had a great time swinging.

Today, we actually went to church- Desert Spring United Methodist Church. Yes, for those of you who know us, we are Baptist. However, living in Las Vegas had proved to be difficult for those of us who would like to go to church and are not Mormon. Seriously. So, we decided that we would try a few different denominations and go from there. The families consensus after church today was a good one but we are going to continue to pray about it.

On another note, Maggie and I will be trying out two different playgroups this week. We will be going to the park on Wednesday and going veggie picking at an orchard close to our house on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed because Maggie and I both need friends (and I'm not sure who needs/wants them more- her or me).

Andy is headed back to Atlanta this week for training and will be gone Tuesday through Friday. Hopefully my newly cut hair will not be all gray when he returns!

Have a good start to the week.

Katie


I'm not so sure about this pool business. Posted by Picasa


This water feels good! Posted by Picasa


Splish splashin' away... Posted by Picasa


I look so much like my Daddy. Posted by Picasa


Enjoying a book and milk before bedtime. Posted by Picasa


Maggie can't decide if she wants to get dressed for church or play with Jack Pete. Posted by Picasa


I love Mommy's new haircut! Posted by Picasa
Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie