Friday's playdate was at a public pool, Silver Mesa, and boy have public pools changes since I was little. This pool has a graduated entry to where the water starts out at just one inch. Fabulous idea for toddlers. They have a few water playgrounds in the shallow end and several slides in the deeper part of the pool. Maggie loves just sitting where the water is about 6-7 inches deep and could stay for hours. We even took Daddy on Saturday so he could see what it was all about.
When we were at the pool yesterday, there was a family reunion going on at the park adjacent to the pool. As we left the pool, we could smell whatever was on the grill and it inspired us to grill out last night. Our spread consisted of bbq chicken, potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs and crescent rolls. We even had enough left over for a filling Sunday lunch.
Maggie enjoyed her Sunday lunch so much that she had a "bathroom blowout" to put it delicately. It required Jack Pete to be locked up away from the mess and it took Andy and I both to clean up Maggie and the living room. It was just one of those moments that you felt like you were in slow motion and couldn't prevent the problem from happening.
Maggie has sprouted tooth numbers 9 and 10. Two molars on the bottom equals not much fun.
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Tomorrow's predicted high in North Las Vegas tomorrow is 110!!!!!!
Katie

I was laughing so hard when I found her like this that I almost woke her up.


Playdates are so much fun Mommy!!!!


Maggie's new activity...lounging around watching Barney or Baby Einstein.


I'm ready for the pool now!


This is what Jack Pete does after Maggie stops chasing him around.

