Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I didn't think anyone out here got sick...

I thought that you always heard about people moving to the West to get out of the humid weather to avoid colds, sinus issues, etc...?

I guess I was wrong. At least for Maggie the situation is wrong. You guessed it, Daddy leaves town for the week and Maggie gets sick with a nasty cold. Now, usually, when Maggie is under the weather it usually does not affect her sleeping habits. Ha, ha, ha on me last night. Poor thing was up from 10:30 to about 2 this morning, not upset, but just wanted to be up so she could breathe out of her nose.

So, it's been a long day around here. We are probably going to the doctor in the morning because she's also been pulling at her ears and we all know what that means. Thankfully, our doctor here has walk-in hours from 7-8 each morning for sick kids. I'm crossing my fingers that she sleeps better tonight. (****UPDATE****) We both got a good nights sleep last night. We have returned from the doctor where, as mommy thought, Maggie's right ear is infected. So, yet another round of medicine. The decision about going to an ear nose and throat doctor for tubes will be made at her 15 month check up in three weeks. Sigh...

We also had to skip our playgroup this morning because of the cold. Hopefully, we can go Friday.

On a better note, Andy arrived in Atlanta just fine yesterday and is having a good time and learning a lot. He says his skin felt instantly hydrated from the presence of humidity.

Here are some pictures of Maggie before she got the cold.

Katie




Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie