Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Baby Claire update

I just wanted to give everyone an update on baby Claire. She is right at 34 weeks, doing great and growing well. We had an ultrasound yesterday that estimated her weight at 5 lbs 10 oz. She supposedly has a lot of hair and was sucking her thumb yesterday during the ultrasound.

While baby Claire and I are both doing fine, there is a complication that has come up that will make it necessary to deliver her via c-section as opposed to a traditional delivery. Again, Claire and I are just fine. We have an amniocentisis scheduled for Thursday, June 26th (37 weeks) to make sure that her lungs are fully mature. If so, we will go ahead with the scheduled c-section on Friday, June 27th.

We are looking forward to baby Claire being here and Maggie cannot wait to be a big sister.

If there are any further updates, I will let you know.

Katie
Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie