Thursday, April 12, 2007

A View from the Top

Six years ago today I just thought I was in Paris for a nice weekend with my boyfriend who I hadn't seen in almost 4 months. I had spent my last semester of college in London on a study abroad program with 29 other students from my college.

But as the sun set in Paris and I was looking over the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower, I noticed Andy wasn't standing behind me anymore. I turned around and there he was, on one knee with a beautiful engagement ring.

I'm not real sure what happened after that but we did manage to make it back down to the bottom of the tower without my ring falling off my finger (It was pretty cold at the top).

We spent another two days in Paris before returning to London and then to Jackson. However, the rest of our time in Paris was a little blurry. I remember deciding on a date, October 13, while eating the best quiche I will probably ever have. I remember the street markets that we walked through, a church with stunning stained glass, oh and the very expensive box of chocolates that we bought with the intention of bringing them home...those didn't even make it back to London.

Here are a few pictures that I dug up from that wonderful weekend in Paris. We have talked about going back to Paris in 4 years for our 10th anniversary and I hope it happens so I can soak up all the culture, food and chocolate that I didn't six years ago.

Katie



Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie