Sunday, December 11, 2005

HO, HO, HO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I Met Santa by Maggie Anne Kennedy

I put on my green dress,
I did not look a mess.

Who was this I was about to meet?
Santa, with rosy cheeks.

I waited in line
for what seemed like a long time.

But then, who is that I see?
It's Santa, and I am sitting on his knee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, Maggie was introduced to Santa yesterday. Even though we made an appointment we still had to wait in line for almost one hour for Maggie's turn. She was a champ. We were a little afraid that she would get upset when we put her in the lap of a strange man with a white beard. But, she didn't get upset, but she didn't really smile either. All in all it was a successful visit.

On the developmental front, Maggie is just about there with crawling. She can get up in the crawling position and she will rock back and forth but she hasn't figured out how to get one hand in front of the other. She is also now eating Cherrios successfully and drinking out of a sippy cup.

The biggest part of the weekend was that Andy was home. He flew back in town on Friday night and we have been able to spend a lot of time together. We are sad that he has to go back to Las Vegas tomorrow morning, but it's only for 9 days this time.

We had an open house at our house today and several people came by so keep those fingers crossed that we will get an offer!!!

Have a good week.

-Katie





Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie