Monday, September 26, 2005

: : MILESTONES : :

Katie had to work late tonight, so it was an evening of just Maggie and me. We’ve had three big milestones in the last few days, so here’s a recap:

  • Crying for Daddy: This one came about when I picked her up from daycare today. She saw me enter the room, threw her hands up for me. When I turned around to gather up her bottles, she started crying. This lasted until I picked her up. I think she’s officially a Daddy’s girl now!
  • Sitting up on her own: During afternoon playtime, I had her on our bed as I was attempting to fold some laundry (sorry for this if it shows up in the picture.) We’ve been working with her some on sitting up, but until now she’s always had help either by a pillow or us. She was all excited and playful as I was singing her new favorite song, the "Last Act Finale" from the opera The Gondoliers. I propped her up only to notice that she could stay up by herself. She stayed up for about five minutes, spit up some carrots (the new food of the week!) and fell over, smiling the whole time.

  • Waving: Okay, so maybe we’re stretching a little on this one, but we think she’s doing it. As Katie was feeding her the bedtime bottle, I was waving to her, and soon she found herself opening and closing her hand. I don’t think she can do it on demand yet, nor does she know what it means, but it’s exciting anyway.

She was with her older, wiser friends Ethan Bruce and Todd Hamblin this weekend, so maybe they taught her some of these new tricks while we weren't looking! She also got to visit with her cousin Anna and we all know smarts run in the family.

Have a good week.
~Andy

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie