Sunday, September 11, 2005

“Just Daddy and Me, and oh yeah, Jack Pete”

If Maggie could talk, that’s what she would have said to describe this weekend. Katie was out of town, so I had the whole show to myself. This is by far the longest time that I’ve been in charge of her, completely anyway. It was very interesting.

Friday night was fairly uneventful. Saturday started early, as Maggie thought that there was no reason for me to sleep past 6:15 on a Saturday. So up we were. We made a trip to the Farmer’s Market around lunch. As we’ve written, this week she started fruits and vegetables. Saturday was the first installment of the sweet potatoes. Everything she had on was stained orange. We had a good time though. She finally tired out around 7:30 and she had tired me out in the process.

Sunday was church as usual. I say usual, but in fact it’s the first time I had to pick out the dress and get a baby bag ready for church. I succeeded though (this is a real biggy considering I took her to daycare last week with her dress on backwards!).

Katie got home in the early afternoon. She had been to an unclaimed freight store in Chattanooga and bought Maggie an upscale umbrella stroller. We looked it up online and it retails for $300. No, no, no, we didn’t win the lottery. She got the stroller for $15. I’m thinking I should try to sell it on E-bay rather than us use it, but I’m betting that would not go over too well.

Enjoy the pictures of Maggie in her new stroller. I’m omitting the ones that I took this morning because as it turns out, her dress was WAY TOO BIG, so the pictures make her look like an overstuffed baby doll.

~Andy



Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie