Sunday, November 02, 2008

Trick or Treat

By the time I picked Maggie and Claire up Friday afternoon, Maggie was in full-swing Halloween mode. They had gone trick-or-treating at school during the day and had two parties in their class! Sugar overload...

She was asking about every two minutes to put her Tinkerbell costume back on and when it was finally time she was so excited to go trick-or-treating. The original plan was for Claire and I to stay home handing out candy and for Andy and Maggie to go load up on candy. I decided to take Claire to a couple of houses so we could see Maggie in action and it was so funny. It took her a few houses to get into it but after the third house, she was on a mission. Claire and I came home after the fifth or sixth house but she and Andy ended up about a half a mile away (on foot). She was so tired by that point, Andy had to carry her most of the way home...up hill. She has a LOAD of candy, which we are having to ration out. She wanted candy for breakfast this morning!

Besides Friday being Claire's first Halloween, we gave her rice cereal for the first time. She didn't really know what to do with it once it was in her mouth but didn't spit it back out either. We gave her some more yesterday and today but I'm not sure she's ready for it. She just doesn't seem interested. So, we'll try again in a few weeks.

Saturday was a milestone day for Maggie...her first haircut...ever. We had prepped her for a few days as to what was going to happen and she did great. She didn't wiggle too much and really enjoyed being the girly girl that she is. We only got it trimmed so it's hard to really tell but that's what we wanted.

I'm off to Nashville tomorrow for the night for work but I'll be back Tuesday. Andy and I mailed our absentee election ballots in Saturday. The early voting lines were a minimum of two hours long so there was a good chance that's what it will be like Tuesday...we just preferred to do it in the comfort of our own home, without a line.

Have a good week,
Katie

PS- the pictures loaded out of order for some reason...sorry.












Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie