Friday, May 02, 2008

Weekend at Talladega

Hi everyone. Andy posting here. What I am about to write about will be very surprising to those who know me well. I spent last weekend--yes 3 days--at the Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama. I never thought I would ever go to a NASCAR race, but I decided to give it a try when Toby called Jeff and me with the proposition. Toby and Jeremy drove up from Baton Rouge, and Jeff met us there from New Albany.

Well. . . .I had a great time. And I had a lot of fun at the race. Everyone, even the people I didn't know, was great about giving me the scoop as things happened. I didn't have a clue as to what was going on. I did learn that I shouldn't mention the name Jeff Gordon. I found out after I got home that Georgia-Pacific is one of his sponsors!

Regardless, we had a great time and have vowed to do it again next year if our wives will let us. Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

~Andy






Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie