Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring has sprung

While we were on vacation in San Francisco last week, I told Andy that when we moved out of the desert, the first thing I wanted him to do for me was plant me an herb garden.

Andy decided that I didn't have to wait until we moved, that he would just do some container gardening for spring. So, off we all went to the nursery. Maggie had a blast riding around in the wagon and looking at all the plants. I couldn't help myself when I saw all the flowers and persuaded Andy to plant me a few other things as well.

For those of you who never saw our herb garden in Atlanta, some of our herbs grew as tall as three feet. When we moved to the desert we didn't really see the point in planting anything when the temperatures would be over 100 degrees for four months.

The plants have been in pots for almost a week and they are thriving, and the wind has been blowing at 30 mph for three days now.

Here are some pictures of our container garden.

Katie



Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie