Thursday, November 16, 2006

Scratches, Flu Shots and Glue Sticks

Maggie had her 18-month check-up yesterday (even though she's 19.5 mos). She got a clean bill of health. She is 33 inches tall (75% percentile) and weighs 27 lbs, 10 oz. (80% percentile). She is just a growing girl.

As a part of yesterday's visit, Maggie also had to get her flu shot. Not very fun but getting the flu would be much worse. It didn't seem to affect her too much yesterday other than she wouldn't take a nap yesterday afternoon. I finally managed to get her to go to sleep at about 4:30, which meant I had to wake her up to eat dinner. That was pleasant; let me tell you (lots of sarcasm).

Last week we were at the park with our playgroup and Maggie was playing on the jungle gym. Maggie loves to walk up and down the stairs, probably because she isn't allowed to without help at home. Anyway, I was standing maybe 4 feet away from her and in a split second; she fell through the handrails onto the ground. She is fine, she just had a scrapped up elbow and cheek for a few days.

I take Maggie to story time at the library each Tuesday morning. It is always a gamble as to how Maggie will act during craft time. She usually has a hard time understanding that the glue sticks are not hers and she cannot take all of them for herself. This week, for the first time, MAGGIE GAVE HER GLUE STICK UP WITHOUT A FIGHT!!!! It also helped that I lured her with her paper turkey that we had just glued together. So, just as the pilgrims and Indians made peace over Thanksgiving, so did Maggie and the glue sticks.


Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie