We went to Red Rock Canyon National Park today. It's not that far from Las Vegas, and has a scenic loop that you can tour by car--very family friendly for a toddler when the temp is 108 outside. We mainly went to get out of the house and not spend another weekend day looking at each other complaining about our boredom. It was a real treat though once we got there.
I'm not going to type much on this one because the pictures tell a better story.
~Andy

Maggie at playgroup (yeah, I guess proof that the other kids were there would help, but who can resist solo pictures of Maggie?)


If you look closely in the picture you'll notice smoke on top of the mountain. This is still burning on Sunday from a wildfire started Friday night during a lightning storm. Pictures was taken on the street where we live.


Family portrait at Red Rock Canyon


One of our first views of the canyon


More of the red rocks


Nature's majesty


CACTUS!


Pine Tree Creek. I think it's the most green I've seen since we've lived here


The view of the canyon from the highest point of the scenic drive (4700 ft elevation)


The highlight of the trip to Red Rock Canyon was the wild donkeys. We had a hoot with these. One almost stuck his head in the car as I was trying to get his picture.


Another donkey.


Maggie climbing upstairs for bedtime after a Sunday full of adventure

