Thursday, November 03, 2005

Update

Here is a recent conversation between Andy and myself:

Katie: Do you think her (Maggie) cough sounds worse or better? Do you think she is wheezing? She just sounds congested to me. When I think of wheezing I think of an old lady with emphysema.

Andy: I don't know. I can't really hear her over the sound of the humidifier.

Katie: Should I call the doctor anyway?

Andy: (says nothing but I know the look, it's the- Katie are you kidding you just talked to the doctor- look).

Katie: Yes, I know I'm just being paranoid. When we have coughs they don't go away automatically after one dose of medicine. But, if you think she needs to go to the doctor, let me know.


Okay, so this conversation happens weekly except substitute something else with cough. I guess this is just how I am going to be for the rest of my life. Paranoid and overprotective. When we were at the pediatrician's office on Tuesday (by the way, Maggie has a cold and an ear infection) a little boy, also in the sick area, tried to climb in my lap next to Maggie. Okay, I gave his parents the look that says, "Yes, my daughter is sick too but that doesn't mean I want your sick kid in my lap too!!"

Anyway, Maggie seems to be doing better but the germs have implanted themselves in both mine and Andy's sinus passages. At least we can take over the counter medicine.

Andy left tonight to start his new job in Las Vegas tomorrow. He will return home on the 11th for 9 days and we are already counting them down. I would make one of those paper chains counting down the days but I'm not sure my realtor would appreciate that.

And, of course, here are some pictures.




Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie