Sunday, August 28, 2005

There's A First Time for Everything

So, the week of firsts continued this weekend. No, she is not walking. This weekend was one of the quieter weekends that we have had in a while. We spent most of Saturday at home. Andy did yard work, I was in the kitchen for most of the day and Maggie played with a new toy- her ExerSaucer.

The ExerSaucer was a gift that we received at a shower but it has been in the attic until now. Maggie woke up from her morning nap and I decided that she should get to try it out. So, I opened up the box to find a lot of pieces. And, after an hour and a half of Maggie watching me put it together, she got to finally play in it. She's still a little small for the seat so we kind of have to stuff towels around her so she doesn't fall forward but she loves playing with all the toys. There are something like 80 sounds, 20 toys, etc... on this thing so I'm sure Andy and I will grow to hate it by the time she outgrows it.

The other first from the weekend happened on Saturday night. We went to dinner with some friends at a restaurant in downtown Decatur that does not provide high chairs for children. Crazy, yes, but we still go there. Anyway, Maggie gets very hot in her car seat these days so we decided to try her in her stroller with no car seat. She did very well and looked grown up. Of course, I didn't think to have my camera with me to capture this on camera. However, there are plenty of pictures of her in the ExerSaucer.

Today has been spent watching The Weather Channel keeping an eye on Hurricane Katrina and keeping our friends and families in Louisiana and Mississippi in our prayers. Maggie and Andy spent the afternoon together while I was co-hosting a baby shower. Maggie said that she had lots of fun with Daddy.

Have a good Monday!

Katie




Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie