Tuesday, August 09, 2005

And So It Begins...

One day last week when I picked up Maggie from daycare, one of her teachers informed me that Maggie had been getting hungry and fussy about one hour prior to her scheduled lunch and afternoon feedings. Being the working mom that I am, I quickly responded that maybe she was just tired and having trouble going to sleep as I thought there was no way that she could be hungry after eating only 2 hours prior. I was thinking there is no way that Maggie's daycare teachers could know something about Maggie that I don't. So, I adjusted her schedule a little and we went about our week. Fastforward to Sunday night. I had gone to Target about 6 pm and Andy was keeping an eye on Maggie. My cell phone rang around 7 and Andy proceeded to inform me that Maggie was indeed hungry an hour and a half before her bedtime bottle.

Were Maggie's teachers right? Maggie has been getting hungry before her scheduled feedings!!!! So, the time has come for Maggie to begin solid foods, or what they call solid foods for babies- rice cereal. To a normal person, this would in no way be solid food, but for someone who has had all of her meals out of a bottle for the past 18 weeks, rice cereal on a spoon is solid food.

We gave her the first spoonful of cereal last night when we got home from work and daycare and considering she was tired and hungry, it went pretty well and she was in bed at 7:30. She slept until 6:45 this morning, so no upset tummy from the new addition to Maggie's menu. Everything has gone well today and she is fast asleep as I type.

Of course, there are pictures of the first solid food feeding below. I'm sure they will only get more interesting as the foods only get more colorful from here.

Katie



Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie