Friday, June 10, 2005

Piano Music and Bathtime

The weekend is here. We celebrated tonight by taking Maggie to her first Mexican restaurant, which is also the first time we have ever taken her to a restaurant on our own. We consider our outing fairly successful, as we weren’t asked to leave! No, it really wasn’t that bad. Maggie was a very good baby until near the end. Luckily Katie was through with her meal, so she took Maggie to the car for a bottle while I paid the check. Maggie did enjoy gazing at the overhead lights though and listening to the Mariachi band. She has a fascination with lights. All of the fancy toys in the world can’t do what a four pack of GE light bulbs can accomplish.

After the restaurant, we had a few errands to run, and ended the night with another first, Maggie’s first trip to the Dekalb Farmers Market. Katie and I would probably put this on our top ten things we like about living in Atlanta. We usually try to go once a week for fresh vegetables and fruit.

Once we were home, Maggie gave me one of the best presents ever, an appreciation for piano music—her Daddy’s at that! She was inconsolable after the night’s activities and an unpleasant diaper change. We finally got her to sleep by sitting her near my piano and I played for nearly an hour. She was passed out before the first song was over. Even when I was loud or was playing wrong notes, she was not fazed. (Note to self—find out how early babies can start piano lessons.)


Passed out while listening to Daddy play the piano. Posted by Hello

After a nice nap, it was time for a bath and then bedtime. Most of her baths are in or near the sink, but tonight we decided to go all out and use her infant tub. She was a little hesitant at first, but she did not give too much of a fight. Then it was bottle-time and lights out.


I don't think I usually use this tub. What happened to the sink? Posted by Hello


AAhhhhhhh . . . Calgon take me away. Posted by Hello

Have a good weekend.

~Andy
Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie