Sunday, June 19, 2005

Park Trip, Grandparents and Father's Day

It was another great weekend. Maggie’s grandparents, Gigi and Papa, were in town for a visit. So, Saturday, we spent 2 ½ hours packing up the car for a picnic in Piedmont Park. We had a great time, and Maggie was a great girl. Jack Pete was along for this outing since Piedmont is a pet-friendly park, but I still had to walk behind him with a poop clean-up bag!


Maggie with Gigi and Papa. Posted by Hello



Maggie and Daddy playing in the park. Posted by Hello


Maggie pulling herself up. She's really under there even though the big makes it look like her head is floating. Posted by Hello


Jack Pete in the park. Posted by Hello


The Kennedy family in the park. Posted by Hello

Katie and her parents surprised me Saturday night by sending the two of us out on “a date” for Father’s Day. The grandparents did the babysitting time, and Katie and I went to a wonderful restaurant in downtown Decatur called Eurasia. It was great. We finished the night off with ice cream.

We celebrated Father’s Day all day today. Obviously, it was my first time to be a dad on this day. We all attended church, and then went out for lunch. Maggie went to the nursery for the first time during church. She was familiar with the room, since it’s also her day-care room. She started day-care on Friday. I think it was harder on Katie and me than her. She was in good spirits when I picked her up that afternoon, so I’m taking that as no complaints.
Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie