Monday, December 01, 2008

Long Weekend

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the long weekend. Andy and I were able to get a lot accomplished with our extra days off work. We started our long weekend off at the pediatrician (I have been there so often lately, I feel like I should get an express pass or something to not wait, etc...). Anyway, Claire has another ear infection so off we go to the ENT. She is doing better now, thankfully.

Thanksgiving was quiet at our house, minus the Christmas tree decorating. Maggie is super excited about Christmas this year and she loved decorating the tree. However, there is a spot at her height where a large cluster of ornaments now reside. We took the girls to see Santa Friday night before we started Christmas shopping. They both did great and as soon as I get the picture scanned in, I'll put it up. Afterwards, they both tolerated Andy and I shopping for a while.

Early Saturday morning, I jumped out of bed after hearing what sounded like a tree falling. Yes, a tree...falling...down. It was a big oak tree that didn't like all the rain from Friday night. Nothing was damaged...no one hurt, just a large mess. After getting to call the fire department to clear the road, I finally went back to sleep around 7, only to get up 30 minutes later when Maggie woke up.

We finished the long weekend up with more shopping and church and now Andy and I have to get to wrapping presents. Here are some pictures of the messy yard.

Katie


Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie