As you read previously, Maggie was lucky enough to get to see her Gigi last week. And what did Maggie and Gigi do all week? They played.
Wednesday’s activity was the Georgia Aquarium. To say that Maggie enjoyed it would be an understatement. Maggie made Gigi and Aunt Natalie stay at the aquarium for almost 5 hours!!!!!! Maggie came home with a shirt from the gift shop that she can name all the animals on. They had a great time and Maggie wants to take Gran there this weekend.
Gigi also let Maggie have a lot of time playing at the park, Stone Mountain Park, to be exact. The pictures say it all. Yesterday, we were driving to the mall and had to pass by Stone Mountain. Maggie had yet to see the exit sign off the highway, but seeing the actual mountain was enough for her to realize where she was. She started saying “park, park, park!”
So, what did I do with Maggie as soon as fun-Gigi leaves? I (no-fun Mommy) took Maggie to the doctor. Maggie had developed a cough mid-week but it hadn’t really bothered her. I decided that she needed to go ahead and go to the doctor just in case it was something else. It was just a cold and Maggie went to school. About 4 hours later, I get a call from the school letting me know that Maggie had been crying for about 2 hours and they hadn’t been able to get her to calm down. I went to pick her up immediately, but the crying didn’t stop. To sum the story up, after talking to a nurse, a physician’s assistant, and the doctor, we had to take Maggie back to the doctor. She had an ear infection and started feeling much better on Saturday.
However, the cold-bug traveled from Maggie to me to Andy, so it was a crazy weekend at our house.
Andy and I celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary this weekend. Gran is coming in town to stay with Maggie so Andy and I can go out on Saturday. I think we are also going to go to the pumpkin farm in north Georgia this weekend too.
Here are the pictures from Maggie’s playdates with Gigi.









