Friday, September 14, 2007

Maggie's weekend at Meme and Pap's

Maggie had a blast last weekend at Meme and Pap's new house. I told her that we were going to see Meme and Pap when I picked her up at school. She didn't understand that it would take us a few hours driving before we would see them and she was really upset that we weren't there already.

After a little bit, she calmed down and enjoyed the ride to Mississippi. Andy and I were just glad that we could drive and didn't have to fly in order to get there. We made it safely to New Albany and got a tour of the new house.

Maggie got a special treat and got to sleep with Meme and Pap in their big, new bed and woke up bright and early the next morning asking for her cousin, Anna. Later that morning, Maggie went with Pap and Daddy to pick up Anna and I'm not sure if Maggie slowed down from that point on.

We attempted to take pictures of all of Meme and Pap's grand kids (Maggie, Anna and David). I'm not sure that we were able to get any but I'm sure watching all the adults try to get the kids to sit still was pretty funny.

When it was time to go, Maggie was not a happy camper to be leaving. She loves playing with Anna and getting to spend time with Meme and Pap.

Maggie's had a great week at school and will not stop talking. It's so funny to hear what she says sometimes. Maggie got a special treat at school yesterday. Gigi was able to come for the Grandparents Day picnic! They had a lot of fun and Maggie even got to take the afternoon (and today) off from school to play with Gigi. She also got to see her Aunt Natalie (my aunt) yesterday when she drove up from Newnan, Georgia to see all of us. Thanks Aunt Natalie!!! Oh, and Aunt Natalie and Gigi had a great dinner cooked for all of us and they even cleaned the kitchen.

That's about all that's going on in Maggieland right now. Here are some pictures from Maggie's trip to MS. (I'll have more pictures from this week later on).

Katie




Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie