Somehow, Maggie continues to crack me up everyday. This was tonight’s episode of “Making Mommy Laugh.”
Maggie and I had a girls night tonight and we ended it with bedtime at our usual time, 7:30. We read two books, put on pajamas, turned on the music and went to bed. Sometimes it takes her a little while to go to sleep, and she may talk to herself for a little while. Usually, after 30 minutes or so, she falls asleep.
Well, tonight it lasted longer than 30 minutes. I had to intervene at 9 pm (an hour and a half later). I went in and she was just lying there, talking. She immediately jumped up and said, “hey!” I knew this would be interesting to say the least. So, I decided to turn her music back on and rock her for a minute or two. So, that’s what we did. She put her head on my shoulder but she continued talking. I told her to close her eyes. This was the response:
“No.” It was in the sweetest tone and I just started laughing. She then proceeded to point to my facial features and start naming them. At this point, I’m crying because I’m laughing so hard.
I had to leave after that. So, it’s a late night for Maggie…hopefully, a late morning for Mommy will follow…but I doubt it.
Have a good weekend.
Oh, and by the way- the high was 110 today!

