Thursday, October 12, 2006

October 13th

It was about 7 o'clock in the morning and I sat straight up in the bed, startled from the loud clap of thunder. I turned on The Weather Channel to see how bad it was really going to be.

About the same time a few miles away, my soon-to-be-husband, starts getting phone calls from friends and relatives saying that the weather was just too bad to make the drive to Jackson.

As I sit in the salon chair, one of my bridesmaids- Melanie, tries to rest my fears of the weather for my day. Then we hear tornado sirens. I didn't go anywhere. My hair still had to get fixed.

Fast forward a few hours. The weather has calmed down a bit, just a little rain now, and the clock strikes 4 o'clock. Showtime.

The wedding was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a better day, despite the rain. They say rain is good luck, right?

Fast forward five years. We never thought we would live in Las Vegas (ha ha). We never imagined that our daughter would be as beautiful and special to us as she is. We never imagined we could be this happy.

Happy Five Year Anniversary Andy! I love you.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie